We got together a couple of weeks ago to discuss and sample all things Ina Garten Foolproof. Below are some of our thoughts:
- Very easy to use- not a lot of page flipping. Two thumbs up.
- Solid recipes. Indeed, they were “foolproof.”
- Lovable Ina… please have us over for a cocktail, we could be friends.
- Too much lobster for our Northwest food selections
- Not necessarily inspiring to cook from- but everything is delicious.
- Pretty substantial portion size.
Here are some of the dishes that we sampled:
Ashley brought the caramelized bacon.
She also brought the Tuscan Mashed Chickpeas
The other Ashley (Ash V) Brought the delicious and lovely endive orange and roquefort salad.
Heidi brought the Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Bev brought the Mushroom and Leek Bread Pudding
Kathy brought Raspberry Crumble Bars (we fought over these at the end of the night)
Ashley V. Also brought these delicious if not aptly named chocolate peanut butter blobs. I believe these did not have whole nuts…
Randie brought Israeli couscous and tuna salad.
Carol brought the Amelia’s Jambalaya
I brought the Pasta Ala Vodka
Somehow I missed photographing the Cosmopolitans and the Meatloaf that Devon brought- Not sure how that happened.
May be because I was more focused on this:
Honestly, have you seen a more ridiculous plate of food?
A wonderful afternoon. Can’t wait to get everyone together again!